Dare you seek Blood and Glory?
From March 1st, 2019, stores across the globe will be running our Blood and Glory League and are currently enlisting all worthy Champions. Champions like you!
To enter the crucible, simply head on down to your local store and register today or sign up with the PlayFusion Companion App from home! Remember, only the strongest will win our exclusive playmat. But never fear, there are prizes up for grabs for all warriors. Therefore don’t delay and join your fellow Champions TODAY!
How Does Blood and Glory Work?
Find your local Blood and Glory events on our Events List on our website or through the PlayFusion Companion App. Register for your store’s event and then prepare for Blood and Glory!
All registered players should communicate with their store to decide on the format they would like Blood and Glory to be run with. Stores will then confirm and communicate out the format for how the bloody battles will take place!
After 4 weeks of arduous duelling, one player will emerge as Store Champion. The Store Champion will receive an exclusive Playmat and Tournament Packs! Exact prizes may vary depending on the store, so check with your local store for details.
The Blood and Glory series will run as a monthly league. New series with brand new rewards will be launched on the following dates:
- Blood and Glory Series 0: Mar 1st – Mar 31st
- Blood and Glory Series 1: Apr 1st – July 31st
- Blood and Glory Series 2: Aug 1st – Oct 31st
Recommendations for League Formats
Stores and players can choose one of the below formats to run their league.
- Maelstrom Campaign Deck League
- Maelstrom Sealed League
- Maelstrom Draft League
- Constructed Format League
Please note that players must build their decks using the same product mix to ensure fair battles. Players: feel free to get creative! We’d love to hear ideas on how you best play your league. Send your ideas to email@example.com and we may share them with the global community!
Blood and Glory Maelstrom Campaign Deck League:
- Great for introducing new players to the world of Warhammer Champions
- Each player chooses a Campaign deck and starts with that and their boosters, constructing a 30-card deck, with 4 blessings and 4 Champions as per the rules (38 cards total). In Maelstrom, Grand Alliances can be mixed!
- At an appointed day / time, each week, the players can buy a new booster to help evolve their deck
- Each time a player loses three games they have the option to purchase a new booster (either Champions or Onslaught) and add cards to their evolving deck
- Stores are recommended to keep track of all cards in a player’s deck. Please ask in store for full details
Blood and Glory Maelstrom Sealed League:
- Suitable for more skilled and experienced Champions.
- We recommend players purchase six boosters (3 Champions and 3 Onslaught) from which they build their initial decks.
- Players construct 30-card decks with 4 blessings and Champions for a total of 38 cards from their initial six-booster pool of cards. In Maelstrom, Grand Alliances can be mixed! All other standard rules apply.
- Maelstrom Limited Cards, that are included in the Blood and Glory kits, can be used by players if they wish to or if they require specific cards (e.g. Champions / Blessings) due to not meeting the deck-building requirements.
- At an appointed day / time, each week, the players can buy a new booster to help evolve their deck.
- Each time a player loses three games they have the option to purchase a new booster (either Champions or Onslaught) and add cards to their evolving deck.
- Stores are recommended to keep track of all cards in a player’s deck. Stores will have deck tracking sheets available for Blood and Glory, ask in store for more details.
Maelstrom Format rules and Game Rules can both be found on the rules portion of our website here.
Constructed, Maelstrom Draft and Maelstrom Sealed events:
Stores can still use their Blood and Glory kits and prize support to run both Constructed, Maelstrom Draft and Maelstrom Sealed tournaments as Blood and Glory kits replace the previous General Organised Play Kits. Ask in your local store as they can get extra kits for players wanting to run these types of tournaments.
My store isn’t signed up!
If your local store hasn’t signed up to our Organized Play program and isn’t receiving kits, recommend that they sign up their store and create events!